The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children is calling for nominations for President to serve 2021 – 2025. Nominations are due by January 15, 2021. Submit your nomination at https://world-gifted.org/2021-president-nomination-form/.
The Executive Committee (EC) consists of seven members: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Members-at-Large. The Executive Administrator of Headquarters is an ex-officio member with voice but no vote. Members of the EC may serve a maximum of three consecutive four-year terms, with the exception of President, who may have served his or her terms as an EC member. The EC may only have one member from any given country; i.e., each member of the EC must be from a different country.
Nominations for the President and for EC members are submitted by WCGTC® individual members in good standing; i.e., those who hold a current, paid-up membership. There are separate nominations for the President and for the EC. The President is elected by the Delegates of the WCGTC®.
A nominee for President member must
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not hold a paid position with the organization and not enter into a contract for services with the organization;
- Be a member of the World Council in good standing;
- Have been a member of the World Council for a minimum of five years;
- Be a recognized leader in gifted education in his/her country;
- Have attended a minimum of two World Council biennial conferences;
- Have served as a Delegate;
- Be a current or former member of the Executive Committee.
Three of the current EC members are from Lebanon, The Netherlands, and Scotland, and they have two years remaining; therefore, any nominations for President must be for members from countries other than Lebanon, The Netherlands, and Scotland. For more information about the responsibilities and eligibility of candidates, please see the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures documents available at https://www.world-gifted.org/about-us/mission/.